Friday, August 29, 2008

Its fun to catch up with friends

I now live very close to several wonderful women who were dear college friends of mine. Today, I enjoyed lunch with one of these women. It was so fun to talk to Rebecca as adults and see our children running around. Isn't it crazy how fast time flies? Seeing Rebecca as a mommy blessed me tremendously!!!! We had a great time chatting over lunch and meeting eachother's children. Thank you, God for friends!

Speaking of keeping up with friends, I have to tell you. Not long ago, my heart was ripped from my chest. A VERY dear, close friend and her precious family who were all like family to us moved to Connecticut. I have had to go through a much more intense grieving period than I ever imagined. She is like a sister to me and I was used to living DAILY with her. Well, thank you Lord for the technology of cell phones that has all but eliminated long distance phone bills. Stephanie and I have had many lengthy chats just talking about the day in and day out that we miss so much. While it is still hard to not be around her children and husband or even know what her house looks like, I am thankful that through cell phones and email our friendship can still flourish!!!

No comments: