Monday, March 28, 2011

The next step - If....Then...

One specific heart attitude that we are dealing with here is, hmmmm, how do I even put it? Some children don't see their fault in their actions. There is hardly ever a repentent heart, or change seen from a lesson learned. We, the parents, are to blame for the consequence, because we had the choice of whether to give it or not.

I have been struggling with this attitude for some time now with no improvement. The inconsistent sick weeks and months we have had have not helped at all.

Well, recently, I was reminded by a dear friend of mine about If/Then charts. I remembered hearing about these several years ago. At that time, I dismissed them. I don't remember what turned me off of them, but I just remember conciously deciding that this stragegy was not for us. Well, it is now EXACTLY for us! We don't have it in place yet, but my husband and I are in the process of writing it. Our prayer is that it will add the consistency that has been lacking. We are praying that our children will fully grasp that THEIR poor decisions require discipline, and that they would grasp THEIR responsibility in them.

Below are some links that I am using right now to help compose our chart. As soon as we have it, I will post it for you to see!

Our busy homeschool

Doorposts

Homestead Momma

Raising Arrows

Crayons In My Dryer

No comments: