Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wordy Wednesday! - I have too much catching up to do!

MAN!!! What a September we ended up having! I expected a very non eventful month of really getting into the school routine and attending lots of football games. Instead, we had a family of 5 visiting for three weeks, rained out games, a week visiting my parents house and seeing my cousin from Australia, a broken tooth, spiritual attacks and much more! So, I am going to attempt to catch you up on my long blogging drought....

School:
I LOVE HOME SCHOOLING!!!!! Through all the changes, whether people were here or we were on the road, school didn't have to stop. This is one of the HUGE benefits of home schooling! I am sad that I don't have pictures of this, but I do want to do a post of their progress this year soon.

The tooth:
While at my parents, my oldest daughter thought it would be funny to run full force into her sister who was sitting on my dad's lap. As she hit, Ashlynn's head rammed into my dad's head, breaking her tooth on his glasses. My dad escaped with just scratched glasses and a small cut on his eye brow. Ashlynn was not so lucky. The poor thing lost 1/2 of her front tooth, exposing nerves. She was in a lot of pain. A WONDERFUL pediatric dentist agreed to meet us at his office in a short time and he was able to repair her tooth THAT night!!! Praise God!

Family visits:
My cousin, who is 6 months younger than me, came to visit!! She lives in Australia now and just had her first child 13 months ago. I just had a son 10 months ago! So they will grow up together as we did!
Friends came to visit:
This picture was taken at the one football game we did get to go to. Stephanie was not there because she wasn't feeling well.

Finally cooler weather!!!!! We finally went from the 90's-100's to 60's-80's!!!! So we have been back on the trampoline, to a park, lots of bike riding, and just generally enjoying being outdoors once again!





Noah will be 10 months on the 30th! I can't believe how time is flying. You can see from the pictures above that he is the cutest thing on this planet (at least in my opinion)! He is such a joyful spirit! He is content to sit and play with toys, allowing me to school or cook dinner. He lights up in a huge smile if any of his family members walk into the room. This month, his speech has taken off. He says many sounds now: da-da, ma-ma, ba-ba, etc. He like to babble quite a bit, especially in church! He is content to just be, so he isn't moving a lot yet. He sits and stands with assistance. He doesn't pull up, crawl, or even take steps with assistance yet. We just say he is fat and happy! I think it has a lot to do with having so many helpers around!

My goals:
As far as my health goals, they went out the window this month. It wasn't the month to begin ANYTHING. It was the month to maintain, survive, and enjoy! I hope to get back on track in October. I am thinking about doing the couch to 5K challenge as well! We will see!!!

I can't leave September without praising God! He has shown himself so greatly this month!!!! I have been unmistakeably led by His Spirit. I have been SO close to the fire, and not burned. I have been humbled and shown my GREAT need for His strength, wisdom, guidance, Word, salvation, etc. in my life. I am so weak without Him! He has blessed me with the body of believers through prayer, wisdom, love, and encouragement. Thank you, Lord!!!!!

September was unexpected but such a blessing! What a great month! I can't wait to see what October holds!

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

Wow. I'm glad my month hasn't been nearly that busy! I love your new background - sooo cute :)

Denise said...

I have thought about the couch to 5K challenge too. I need more motivation!

LOVE all your photos- especially the one on the football field- so cute!