Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby names?????

One of Chris and my biggest struggles is coming up with baby names. So, I was hoping you could provide some input.

Some info:
My name is Amy and our girls are Allison and Ashlynn.
My husband is Chris and our boys are Kevin and Kaiden.

There seems to be a pattern. This, unbelievably, was NOT our intention, totally. Now, I am really wishing we had some more diversity in the group. At the same time, it can't stand out like a sore thumb.

The meaning of the name is VERY, VERY important to us. If we don't like the meaning, it doesn't matter how great the name is.

One more thing, is that we don't want the name to be the most common out there. I grew up one of five Amy's in every room. It would be great if it wasn't most popular right now.

So, with that little bit of back ground, I would LOVE for you guys to name our baby! (Mainly because this part stresses me out! The pressure!) I have never been good with decisions and would be greatful for input.

We need boy and girl names. It is too early for us to find out, and we don't know yet if we will.
I can't wait to see what you come up with!!! Thank you!!

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

Amy,
Girls names....
Analyse(many spellings), Anna, Arianna

Boys....
Calvin
Caleb
Cory( I think all can be used w/ a K)

Mageetribe said...

Amy-

One of my favorite things is to name babies...


Girls:
Ainsley- My own Meadow
Asa- healer
Averitt- brave, strong
Addy- noble
Annabelle- grace, favour
Arin- enlightened
Aubrey- noble ruler
Audrey- noble strength

Boys:
Chase- hunter
Kale- faithful, bold
Callum- dove
Carson- christian
Collin-people of victory
Cort- bold
Cole- people of victory

Oh man...that was FUN!

Tami said...

Jeanie took my girl's name: I was going to suggest Analiese.

For a boy, I thought of Corbin, Cole, and you could always go for Chris, Jr.!

Amy said...

Chris's name is Christopher Michael, which I think is absolutely beautiful, but he will NOT allow any part of his name. :(

Jeanie said...

Amy,
I have an Andrew after my hubby, but he has a middle name and hubby doesn't....

Grafted Branch said...

Well, I'm going to step out on a limb here and say don't worry about the new baby "sticking out like a sore thumb."

You can broaden your options as you realize that this baby is only on loan to you and your immediate family! :) You don't have to be tied to the sibling alliteration because Lord willing, he or she will be his/her *own* *whole* person--apart from his/her siblings--for decades longer than he/she will be one of you.

I love it that you consider the meaning of a name. I think that's Biblical. Be well!

Amy said...

Thank you, "Grafted Branch!" I love that very true thought! How freeing! You are so right, they are not ours. They are precious gifts "on loan" from above!