Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy birthday to my men!

In April, all the males in our family have their birthdays. Kaiden turned 3, Kevin turned 5, and Chris turned 37. We had a great time with all the birthdays! Our first family birthdays happened this month. After a lot of discussion and thought, Chris and I both decided that family birthdays made more sense. Why did I think spending a lot of money, having a huge stressful party, and an enormous amount of gifts was the only way to say, "You are special to me. I love you!" That is ridiculous!!!! Plus, it has made the kids so greedy and have such a sense of entitlement. These are ugly character traits if you ask me. We experienced wonderful family time together, each birthday person felt appreciated and special. What is more exciting is that they are not planning what they want for THEIR next birthday, they are excited about planning their sibling's birthdays!!! What a change of heart, and so quickly! I have been very blessed to hear their discussions and planning to make someone else's day special. Yea!

No comments: